The City of Inverness operates under a Council-Manager structure. The City Council sets policy and the City Manager implements Council direction. More information on the Council and how the City works can be obtained by viewing the City Charter.
The City has 6 elected offices; Five Council seats and Mayor, which are all 4-year terms. Terms have staggered expiration years, allowing for experienced officials to work with newly elected officials, while supporting city business to continue to move forward. The next regular election will be held in November 2022, in concert with county elections.
- If you are interested in running for an elected office in the City of Inverness, you must reside within the City limits of Inverness for a period of one year preceding the effective date of the term of office. Other considerations are:
- Each candidate must file a statement stating they have received, read, and understand the requirements of Chapter 106, Florida Statutes.
- A statement of Financial Disclosure must be filed at the time of qualifying.
- The Candidate must open a separate campaign account to receive or expend any campaign funds.
The above are just a few of the general requirements for candidates. For more detailed information on City elections and qualifications associated with running for office, contact the City Clerk’s Office. Qualifying office location is: Susan Jackson, City Clerk, 212 W. Main Street, Inverness, FL. 34450.
Election year 2022
City of Inverness, City Council Elections will take place November 8, 2022 in conjunction with the General Elections.
City Council Elections will be held in Inverness, for Seat #1, with incumbent David Ryan, challengers John Labriola and Crystal Lizanich, as well as the seat for Mayor with the incumbent Robert "Bob" Plaisted and challenger Michael "Max" Schulman. Seat #3 incumbent Gene Davis and Seat #5 incumbent Linda Bega run unopposed.
Registration questions, as well as Absentee Ballot requests should be directed to the County Supervisor of Elections Office (352-564-7120). Early Voting will be held at Inverness Government Center, 212 W. Main Street, located at the corner of Main St. & Seminole Ave., from October 28th through November 5th, 2022, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. On Election Day, November 8th, 2022, the Inverness Government Center is the official precinct location (Precinct 403) for the City of Inverness residents, and will be open from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
DON’T FORGET! VOTE - NOVEMBER 8, 2022 – 7:00AM TO 7:00PM
– AT YOUR REGISTERED PRECINCT
(You will vote the City ballot at the precinct listed on your voter’s registration.)